1. What information do we collect? “Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify you or that is about you, including, but not limited to, first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, phone number, or other contact information, whether at work or at home. When you request information from us, subscribe to our services, purchase products or otherwise interact with us, we may ask you for your Personal Information. You always have the choice not to provide certain of your Personal Information to us, but not doing so may prevent you from using certain features, products or services. In addition, we may collect a variety of usage and logging information (“Usage Information”) as a result of your use of our products and services.
2. How do we use Personal Information? We may use your Personal Information to provide our products and services to you, fulfill your requests, improve the quality of our products and services, engage in research and analysis relating to the products and services, personalize your experience, track usage of the products and services, provide information to third party businesses that are listed on the products or services, display relevant advertising, market the products and services, provide customer support, send messages to you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the services, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such Personal Information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process. We may use your Personal Information in anonymous or aggregate form for a variety of purposes as well.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties. Personal Information may be shared or disclosed to third parties for a variety of reasons. Agents or contractors of “ABW” may have access to your Personal Information for the purpose of performing services on behalf of “ABW”. All such agents or contractors who have access to your Personal Information are required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for “ABW”. In addition, “ABW” maintains a marketing list containing promotional products suppliers, distributors, reps, and/or associations. This list is licensed to third parties who would like to market their products and services. Your Personal Information may be provided to these third parties as part of our list. However, you can opt-out of being included on this list at any time (see below). Please note that our marketing list does not contain any information related to distributors’ clients. Lastly, “ABW” maintains relationships with a variety of strategic partners who may have access to your Personal Information in connection with our relationship with such third party. Again, you can opt-out of having your information included in such lists by notifying us (see below).
4. How do we use Usage Information? Usage Information is used in a variety of ways and may be shared with a variety of third parties, to the extent that it does not contain Personal Information. Personal Information contained within Usage Information is treated the same as other Personal Information.
5. Legal Basis for Processing. Our legal basis for collecting and using Personal Information will depend on the specific information concerned and the context in which we collect it. We, however, will normally collect Personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you or may otherwise need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for instance, to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the service or to comply with legal obligations). If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information). If we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our services, communicate with you in relation to our services, or for our other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, to analyze and improve our platform, engage in marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us.
6. Required Disclosure. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on “ABW” or one of our affiliates; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of “ABW”; or (3) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of “ABW”, its web sites or services or the public. If “ABW” should ever file for bankruptcy or be a party to an acquisition or merger, we may sell or provide your Personal Information to a third party in connection with such activity.
7. Opting-Out. As mentioned above, “ABW” keeps a comprehensive database of your contact and marketing preferences. Should you decide to opt-out of any of our information usage practices, please notify us in writing at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which communication method(s) you prefer not to be used when contacting you (e.g., postal mail, phone, fax, email) and whether or not you want your contact information disclosed to third parties or not. We will promptly process your request. However, please keep in mind that you may receive mailings that were already in progress when your request was made.
8. Security of Your Information. “ABW” uses a variety of industry-standard methods to help protect your Personal Information, including secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption, firewalls, secure network facilities, etc. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords or any account information. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, “ABW” does not ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us, and you provide it to us at your own risk.
11. Controlling Your Personal Information. You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. You can object to the processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You also have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. The service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you or in your account settings. However, if you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your Personal Information, you may contact us as outlined in the “Contact” section below. Please note that the “data controller” responsible for protecting your Personal Information related to the services is “ABW”.
13. Children's Privacy. Our websites, products and services are not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any person who provides their information to “ABW” hereby represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
16. Interaction with Agreements. This policy is not meant to supersede any written agreement between “ABW” and you, including without limitation our Customer Agreement. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and any agreement between “ABW” and you, such agreement shall prevail.